SPFA INDUSTRY EXCELLENCE AWARDS
CONTRACTORS NOMINATION PAGES
Mark your calendar for Spray Foam 2018!
SprayFoam 2018 will be in Mobile, Alabama, Jan 29-Feb 1, 2018
On January 31 2018, SPFA will sponsor the Industry Excellence Awards Luncheon as part of the 2018 Sprayfoam Convention & Expo. There will be awards in several categories for projects that demonstrate excellence in our industry. A panel of industry experts will adjudicate the selection process through a blind judging process. Judges will not know to whom each of the entries belong, therefore the judging will be solely based on the merit of the project according to awards guidelines.
To be eligible for an award, projects must follow the following criteria:
- Nominations can be made by any SPFA member. Contractor nominees must be SPFA members to be entered into the contest.
- The project must have been completed between December 1, 2016 and November 30, 2017.
- ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY December 12, 2017.
- Pictures (preferably digital) are required.
- The awards will be presented for 1st and 2nd place in the following categories:
- Residential wall SPF – 1st and 2nd place
- Commercial wall SPF – 1st and 2nd place
- Roof SPF < 40,000 ft sq – 1st and 2nd place
- Roof SPF > 40,000 ft sq – 1st and 2nd place
- Specialty Applications – 1st and 2nd place
- Coatings – 1st and 2nd place New for 2018!
The SPFA reserves the right to change the category to which a project has been submitted
if the SPFA determines that there is a category that more
closely represents the nature of the project.
Submissions are requested and encouraged from across the membership. While all submitted projects are proud examples of excellence, there may be a case where one company has multiple projects submitted in the same awards category. Should submissions from the same company qualify as both winner and runner up within the same category, the runner-up position will be reassigned to the next highest-judged project. The likelihood of this happening is very slim, but SPFA desires transparency on this issue. The awards program is intended to highlight exceptional projects across the industry and in the benevolent interest of doing so, SPFA believes this policy reinforces diversity and broad recognition, while encouraging and empowering a wide selection of companies to participate.
Please fill in the on-line nomination form
Be sure to fax/email the photograph release form!
All questions regarding submission of the on-line nomination are to be forwarded to David Bradshaw firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful nominations will include:
- A brief history of the SPFA nominated member
- A description of the project including:
- Type of job (cavity wall, insulation, etc.)
- Square footage of job
- Equipment used - including manufacturer
- Number of people needed to complete the job
- Number of days the job required
- Foam and coatings used
- Innovation - "New tools, new markets, new applications"
- Best Practices - "As defined in the newly documented Industry training and standards"
- Problem Solving - "Did you have to do anything unusual or extra to meet the client's requirements? Special apparatus, safety concerns, difficult conditions, tight deadlines, unique scheduling?"
- Risk Mitigation - "Includes Health and Safety, as well as other risks to the client, staff or SPF contractor."
- Value of Money - "Includes energy savings, but also recognizes other values of SPF. Where the benefits are measureable and significant, your odds improve. Client testimonials are an excellent way to express the benefits of a project."
- Speed of Delivery - "Notes about the efficiency and efficacy of the application"
- Environmental Sustainability - "Ways in which the use of SPF supported environmental concerns."
- Describing what makes the project special
- Speed of SPF application vs. other applications
- Superiority of SPF vs. other applications
- Ability of SPF to conform to unusual/irregular surfaces
- Special safety considerations
- Quality programs used
- Uniqueness of project (heritage building, high profile project, etc.)
SPFA believes that the path to a healthful, safe, high-quality and performing SPF installation travels through the hands of a knowledgeable, trained, experienced, and ideally PCP-certified professional contractor.